What is Inventory Management System (IMS)?
Inventory Management System (IMS) helps you to manage the inventory of your business.
IMS is an integrated system managed by hardware and software components or it may
refer to only software components.
IMS is used in industries to improve the performance of:
For several years, barcodes were used in the Inventory Control Systems, but in the
Modern Inventory Control System, RFID Technology is in practice. RFID tags are used
in modern IMS for involuntary identification of inventory objects.
An inventory object could be any kind of material:
Each and every object in the inventory is tagged or commissioned and the information
is gathered through barcode scanner or RFID reader and then collects supplementary
information via mobile computers or fixed terminals.
Applications of IMS
IMS can be used to automate any operational processes in an organization; it can
be a sales process, production unit, warehouse management etc. Such types of systems
contain lists of order to be filled, pick the necessary items, in and out of items,
daily raw materials required, packaging and shipping information. All the required
information is processed by work stations provided by the wireless LAN networks
to the central database. A high-quality Inventory Control System provides features
like physical inventory counting and cycle counting to improve the performance of
IMS can be utilized in numerous fields:
- Manufacturing industry (Tools Manufacturing, Consumer Durables)
- Warehouse Management and Supply Chain Management
Functionality in IMS provides the following features:
- Multi users and Multiple companies
- Multiple Warehouses for a company
- Invoices and Sales orders
- Inventory Labels with barcodes and RFID support
- Barcode scanning and RFID Reader scanning
- Purchase orders and receiving inventory
- Purchase order approval process
- Vendor and customer payments tracking
- Inventory reservations for Sales order
- Work orders for every department
- Transfer between warehouses
- Screen and report permissions by user and Screen customization support
- Export reports in Excel files
Quark Gen IT Solutions provides customized software according to out clients’ requirements.
Our developed IMS can be enhanced further with the addition of new features. We
provide an integrated IMS that empowers businesses and organizations to maintain
a more dynamic, up-to-date inventory. Our custom IMS is scalable, easy to use, affordable
to maintain and customized to meet your specific business needs.